1. Eyeball Cupcakes – I baked mini cupcakes, and frosted them a smooth white. I don’t REALLY bake, I just use boxed cake and store bought frosting, just so you know. No time for the real stuff! I used red gel for some blood-shot eyes, then some lime green Gummy Life Savers and brown Reeses Pieces for the iris and pupil. They were quite cute.
2. Oreo Witch Hats – I split apart Halloween Oreo cookies and placed them flat on a pan. Then I neatly scraped the orange filling off, and cut a small circle out with a little cookie cutter. I then baked them at 325 degrees for about 15-20 seconds, took them out and quickly pushed a Hershey Kiss down to ‘squish’ the orange out a bit. I then cut the yellow portion of candy corn in to little squares to resemble the button on a witch’s hat.
3. Caramel Apple Grapes – I hate apples, but love grapes! This was actually my mother-in-law’s idea a few years back and they taste so great. I bought some big green grapes, melted up some caramels (per the packaging instructions), and crushed up some peanuts. Stuck the grapes with a toothpick and got to work dipping. And since we were going to a neighborhood Halloween party, I put them in to my mini cupcake pan for serving, which worked perfectly.
4. Boring Ol’ Cupcakes – how great, $1.50 for cupcake mix and Halloween frosting at WalMart. You just can’t go wrong! Frost with a large decorating tip and add a little candy corn, and they almost look custom? LOL
5. Bloody fingers – I did NOT do these, but I loved them so much that I had to post a pic! A neighbor mom at the pool club brought these and they were a big hit. Fried up, sliced a bit for the finger creases, with a fingernail neatly cut out. Add a little ketchup for the blood…BRILLIANT!